buxton, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 ... LastLast
-->
  1. I’ve just watched last night’s Question Time, what an utterly inept performance by Diane Abbott.
    Does anyone really believe that this utter buffoon of a woman should ever hold a Minesterial post. Anybody who thinks the Country is in a mess with the Tories, has to think just how catastrophic it would be, if managed by Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott.
    Man the lifeboats.

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Quote Originally Posted by justbecause View Post
    I’ve just watched last night’s Question Time, what an utterly inept performance by Diane Abbott.
    Does anyone really believe that this utter buffoon of a woman should ever hold a Minesterial post. Anybody who thinks the Country is in a mess with the Tories, has to think just how catastrophic it would be, if managed by Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott.
    Man the lifeboats.
    Yes Corbyn is an IRA sympathiser, Abbott a numpty, and McDonnell a no mark .

4. Quote Originally Posted by Normal View Post
    Am I correct in understanding that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone?
    I was under the impression only wiki could alter the actual entry details after a request challenging or objecting to an entry.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Toodles McGinty View Post
    I'd say firstly they feel sorry for May. I can't think of another politician who so doggedly clings to power in the face of opposition from their own party.

Secondly, if people are voting for personalities rather than manifestos, not only are they too stupid to have a vote, but there isn't a politician in the country that would achieve a seat.
    I have already stated elsewhere.
    Labour voters know who and what they are voting for.

6. Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    I take it that any poll not in favour of the Tories is a left wing poll, interesting thought process.
    At least you got the dig!

7. Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    a poll is a poll

Those aren't what Fiona Bruce was broadcasting lies to thw nation about so don't change the subject.
    What poll was Bruce quoting from?

A poll is a poll as you say.

It was Diana Abbott who said 'Labour was ahead in the polls.
    Bruce corrected her.

You know how Abbott is with figures so show me her poll of evidence
    and Bruce's?

8. Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralAckbar View Post
    and when challenged (by Hamble) about source, followed up with ...

Interestingly, Hamble's response was ...

Hmmm ... the Wiki link (from Hamble) details a list of several historical polls, and just looking at the latest ones (2019) it shows 3 a piece for Labour/Conservative and one tie ... if you want to take it back a bit further to a the last 30 days then by all means include the last one from 2018 which was also a tie.

So by quoting the above link, where the two main parties have 3 polls each in their favour, are we to conclude that Hamble is actually agreeing with Salus when he said Fiona Bruce was incorrect stating Labour are behind in the polls?

Just wanted to check before I marked it in the calendar.

Ironically, the funniest thing of all is the comment because of the ten polls mentioned in Salus's link, every one is mentioned in the subsequent Hamble link ... if you don't believe me check for yourself using the details (conducted by/date/result) !!!
    It was Abbott who said Labour was ahead Bruce corrected her.

So which poll was Abbott looking at?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    It was Abbott who said Labour was ahead Bruce corrected her.

So which poll was Abbott looking at?
    Haven't had the chance to watch the whole program, but have seen the clip where Abbott says "currently in the polls we are kind of level pegging" and Bruce interrupts her with the comment "You are behind, Diane".

Abbot referred to "polls" ... you yourself posted a Wiki link which does indicate "level pegging", even if you go back a few months since the end of October 2018 (which I would say is "current" as Abbott referred).

Bruce attempted to try and correct Abbott but she was wrong herself - in the context of what Abbott was saying when interrupted, Bruce was incorrect and your link proves that.

... so you did actually end up agreeing with what Salus said. Calendar marked..

10. Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralAckbar View Post
    Haven't had the chance to watch the whole program, but have seen the clip where Abbott says "currently in the polls we are kind of level pegging" and Bruce interrupts her with the comment "You are behind, Diane".

Abbot referred to "polls" ... you yourself posted a Wiki link which does indicate "level pegging", even if you go back a few months since the end of October 2018 (which I would say is "current" as Abbott referred).

Bruce attempted to try and correct Abbott but she was wrong herself - in the context of what Abbott was saying when interrupted, Bruce was incorrect and your link proves that.

... so you did actually end up agreeing with what Salus said. Calendar marked..

Your post does not make sense.

"Later, Ms Abbott said Labour were "neck and neck" with the Tories in the polls - which was seized upon by both Ms Bruce and panelist Isobel Oakeshott, who said the party were six points behind.

In fact, most Westminster voting intention polls in recent weeks have placed Labour slightly ahead or level with the Conservative Party.

The most recent major poll putting the Conservatives significantly ahead was a YouGov poll in mid-December, which put Labour four points behind."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...diane-13874719

11. YouGov pole 2019
    As quoted by Fiona Bruce.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...E%202017_W.pdf

12. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    YouGov pole 2019
    As quoted by Fiona Bruce.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...E%202017_W.pdf
    No. Fiona Bruce did not specifically refer to a single YouGov poll. She was backing up Isabel Oakeshotts reference to polls - plural.

On another note good to see BoJo finally make good his promise to lie in front of the bulldozers today.

13. Quote Originally Posted by salus.populi View Post
    No. Fiona Bruce did not specifically refer to a single YouGov poll. She was backing up Isabel Oakeshotts reference to polls - plural.

On another note good to see BoJo finally make good his promise to lie in front of the bulldozers today.
    Did Diane Abbott specify a poll or say she was excluding the YouGov poll or any other poll which put the Tory's ahead?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Hamble View Post
    Did Diane Abbott specify a poll or say she was excluding the YouGov poll or any other poll which put the Tory's ahead?
    What was said:
    Oakeshott - "you are way behind in the polls...miles behind the Tories"
    Abbott - "in the polls overall we are kind of level pegging"
    Brune - "no, you're behind, Diane"

15. Quote Originally Posted by Ralphy Rylance View Post
    What was said:
    Oakeshott - "you are way behind in the polls...miles behind the Tories"
    Abbott - "in the polls overall we are kind of level pegging"
    Brune - "no, you're behind, Diane"
    Thank you RR.
    Salus.Populi will be grateful-it was his complaint.
    I was just happy to give Diane Abbott the publicity.

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Buxton / East Midlands
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Buxton

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in buxton
Replacement Stove Glass in buxton
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
buxtonbuxton News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)