buxton, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Film Reviews, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
FirstFirst 1 LastLast
-->
  1. Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    Studying the pics it would appear that he has jumped a broken white line where he should have given way to oncoming traffic . That is a motoring offence , I trust proceeding will follow .
    I can't see anybody being brave enough.

2. YOUR COMMENTS:

3. Quote Originally Posted by The PNP View Post
    He's done remarkably well to stay crash-free till turning 97.
    We all know that he doesn't need to be driving to cause serious car crashes

4. Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    I can't see anybody being brave enough.
    No one is above the Law l

5. Quote Originally Posted by grassroots View Post
    No one is above the Law l
    Apparently some are, he's been seen driving again and without a seatbelt.

There's no fool like an old fool!

6. Quote Originally Posted by bambi275 View Post
    I feel more sympathetic towards the two ladies and the baby in the car he hit who had to be taken to hospital!
    Me too.
    Bet they didn't get a new car today.

7. Well noted Albion , ha imagine you were the copper that appeared and tested him, if he had a skin full would you say thank you sir your test was ok or arrest him for being over the limit and risk yourself being in a car crash before the trial, no way the royal family would allow this to go any further.
    This gentleman has an interesting past, he married his second cousin one time removed who is also his third cousin as they are both great great grandchildren of Victoria, keep it on the family bloodline eh.
    It took the media nearly a day to mention a young child in the car.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...-the-Nazis/amp

Prince Philip, whose family name is Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, and the queen who's family name is really not Windsor as they just pinched the name from the castle
    Name of Royal House Changed to Windsor. Prior to 1917, the members of the British Royal Family did not have a surname; but, they were members of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. Queen Elizabeth's father, King George VI, was born in 1895 as a member of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha.
    They are a right pair of Germans eh,
    So the first war started cos one man Ferdinand got assassinated and the second was started by Germans invading a country that we would side with, a great way to divide and conquer and kill millions.
    Philip once said in an interview if reincarnation was true he wants to come back as a deadly disease and cull the population.
    Kings and queens have killed many over the years and what's the point of being royalty if you can't bump a few off now and again, all fayeds statements on you tube are a bit anti monacharchy but if Diana had married dodi that would have been a great embarrassment to our German royalty as wills and Harry would maybe have a half brother of a faith that was not compatable.

If you are king or queen you should rule your country and be able to kill anyone you want and not wear your seatbelt.
    They appear silent on politics as its all going thier way and they prob orchestrate most of it anyway.

History aside these pair are well loved by most and if one of them were to die tomorrow our country would stop for a week.

8. Door Pillars/Optic Blindspot

Smashes like this happen every day, regardless age of drivers....Nothing coming so you start to emerge, only to discover a vehicle 'out of nowhere' is fast approaching.

Two reasons can account for this. The obvious one is an approaching object being obscured by the cars door pillar. The other is equally responsible, but less well known: the blindspot of a human eye. Located on the retina where the optic nerve connects, there is a small area with no 'pixels'....Therefore, it pays to 'look twice' before pulling out of junctions etc.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    Apparently some are, he's been seen driving again and without a seatbelt.

There's no fool like an old fool!
    Not sure, but I think it was Queenie driving without seatbelt yesterday, can't wear a seatbelt with corgis on your lap don't you know.

11. Does anyone recall the time he took off in a light aircraft without
    bothering to "trouble" Air Traffic Control for clearance ?

He caused a near-miss by flying into the path of an inbound 747 ,
    which had to take evasive action .

Must be over twenty years ago , and he wasn't sanctioned in any way
    eg. suspension of PPL , made to take a re-test .

Just what the world needs ..... one more selfish imbecile !

12. Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Not sure, but I think it was Queenie driving without seatbelt yesterday, can't wear a seatbelt with corgis on your lap don't you know.
    No, it's all over the Sunday Papers, apparently the Police have issued advice to the driver.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Alikado View Post
    No, it's all over the Sunday Papers, apparently the Police have issued advice to the driver.
    Yep saw a pic of Queenie swanning around without seat belt, didn't bother reading that it was in fact an old pic, the "driver" has just compounded his initial error, just imagine if that was Mr/Mrs J Ordinary, I think the police would be issuing more than advice.

14. Quote Originally Posted by silver fox View Post
    Yep saw a pic of Queenie swanning around without seat belt, didn't bother reading that it was in fact an old pic, the "driver" has just compounded his initial error, just imagine if that was Mr/Mrs J Ordinary, I think the police would be issuing more than advice.
    Definitely not a career move!

15. A fool and their money are soon parted!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46944912

16. Quote Originally Posted by Albion102 View Post
    We all know that he doesn't need to be driving to cause serious car crashes

Almost missed that. Nice one

Search Qlocal (powered by google)
You are in: UK / Buxton / East Midlands
Find any Town in the UK, or Use UK map
Local Google MAP for Buxton

User Control Panel

Not a Member? Sign Up!

Login or Register

Privacy & Cookie Policy

Check Todays Deals On Amazon.co.uk
   Check Todays Deals on Ebay.co.uk

Booking.com

Firewood suppliers in buxton
Replacement Stove Glass in buxton
Supporting Local Business

Be Seen - Advertise on Qlocal

UK, Local Online News Community, Forums, Chats, For Sale, Classified, Offers, Vouchers, Events, Motors Sale, Property For Sale Rent, Jobs, Hotels, Taxi, Restaurants, Pubs, Clubs, Pictures, Sports, Charities, Lost Found
buxtonbuxton News

Stats: Qlocal over 500,000 page views a month (google analytics)